>The Jingle Cross Weekend is over. I had a great time and learned a lot. Thank you to all the great folks I worked with this weekend – Jeff, Heidi, Carla, Brett, Mark, Steve, Emma, and the rest of the great crew.
Some bullet points:
- Most impressive moment: Being at the top of Mt. Krumpit watching Todd Wells power up the hill and making it look so so easy.
- Most satisfying moment: watching Troy Krause take a well-deserved 4th after a bad luck weekend.
- Wish I could do that moment: Seeing Nate Woodman pick up speed on everyone going through the whirl. Amazing skills.
- Feels like home moment: Seeing all the Nebraska folks working together in the pits helping each other excel.
- The “Wow” of the weekend? The single speed class win by Brian Eppen in a speedo, in 40 degree weather.
- “Wow” #2: eight women riding single speeds in bikinis and knee socks. In 40 degree weather. Then drinking heavily the rest of the day.
- Worst moment of the weekend: Being away from home for 3 days. When I got home my daughter asked if it was worth. Yes and no. Officiating is great fun even if a ton of work. But I’d rather be riding or with my wife and family. Lots of decisions to make in the future. I am refocusing toward riding in 2010 though.
All in all it was a great weekend, and thanks to all, but most of all my wife. I love you.